Interested in working with our team? Our current vacancies are listed below:
Engagement Coordinator & Practitioner
We are seeking a creative and enthusiastic youth theatre practitioner to work with our team on outreach projects and re-establish additional sessions of our regular after-school programmes. Our workshops provide young people with a safe, supportive environment to explore their world, challenge themselves, build creative and resilient futures.
This is a p/t 0.6 (22.5 hrs pw) 1-year post, salaried at £25,000 pro rata.
- The Engagement Coordinator will work in collaboration with other Firefly practitioners, and be supported by Firefly’s Artistic Director, Kirsty Byers.
- The Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for coordination and delivery of 8 taster workshops in 5 locations around West Lothian.
- Organise and run four “clubnite” evening activities for Firefly youth community and new participants.
- Re-establish 4 ongoing regular term-time programmes (2 to start after the summer break, 2 to start after winter break).
- Establish one group programme for participants with additional support needs (to start after winter break).
- Coordinate with schools groups for a visit to one matinee performance in September.
- Collaborate with the Firefly Arts team on summer programming.
Work at the beginning of the contract will focus more on outreach, partnership, and recruitment activities to re-establish connections in communities around West Lothian, with hands-on delivery and session planning increasing as a proportion of hours spent across the project. Age groups of participants will range from P4 – S6.
All activities will be supported by a practitioner assistant. There is some flexibility across the Firefly team of staff and freelancers around delivering programmes at different times and locations once the final timetable is confirmed. The successful candidate will be the lead practitioner on 2 to 4 ongoing programmes per week during term time. They will be based primarily at the Firefly offices at the Howden Park Centre in Livingston, with travel to activity locations across West Lothian.
This post requires:
- Experience of managing and delivering quality youth arts activity.
- Experience of, and commitment to, working with young people who are socially, emotionally or economically marginalised.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Capacity to travel and work in venues across West Lothian.
- PVG clearance.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 15th June, 5PM
Interviews: 24th or 25th June
Position start date: TBD mid-July
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Firefly Arts seek a communications consultant to support our small team to reconnect with our communities post-covid, develop a communications strategy for expanding our reach, raise awareness of what we offer to the general public, and market our available services more effectively to potential partners.
Download our brief for more information.